This weekend was a side splitting one. I seriously have so many things that make me giggle out loud I don't even know where to begin- here's a list:
-Go to Park Point with Leah, there is a hole dug in the sand approximately 2 feet deep, I proclaim "That's an accident waiting to happen." Sure enough we lay out our towels and sit down only to hear a woman scream; she is in the hole and unable to get out, she is wearing head to toe pink with matching visor. Her family helps her out, none of them are laughing- Leah and I are pointing and laughing.
-Leah and I decide to have dinner at Old Chicago then check out the bar scene in Superior. One beer each bar, enter Shooters (stop #4 on the tour), I see a friend that is line dancing, Leah admits she is drunk, Leah's husband (Kelly) comes to join us, we befriend a cowboy from Cloquet (tight pants, large belt buckle, hat- the works), Kelly takes him on the dance floor to show him what Brokeback Mountain is really like. We see a guy who peed on our friend's floor one night- so Leah approaches him about it and changes the story from pee to poop, he is not happy she is shouting this in the bar. Kelly tries to fight a creeper who stares and took a picture of us on his phone. After the bar, we (cowboy included) go to a GRAVEL PIT?? to hit golf balls, immediately are told to leave so the cops don't come and give us trespassing tickets.
-Family reunion laughing about chips from Byerly's. This one is totally a "you had to be there thing." My aunt said her son (my cousin) was bringing a "Special Treat" that isn't available up here- next thing you know everyone is talking about these chips from "This Far Away Magical Place called Byerly's"
-Megan's wedding, hotter than imaginable, I have to bring the runner down the aisle with another girl. Well we found out at the very last minute that we were supposed to start at the front, I carried the roll up under my arm, the groom had to stand on it because it wasn't pinned down, and it wouldn't spin so the Father of the groom helped us unroll it the entire way. Meanwhile I am beat red, sweating, and completely mortified since I had been so nervous to do it anyways.
-At the wedding dance, Leah freaks Megan's aunt, groomsman line dances with the biggest smile you've ever seen, Kirstin throws on a pair of Ray Bans and dances to Thriller, go to the hotel- watch Crossroads while Leah hot tubs with Bruce (while their spouses sleep), I wake up in the middle of the night to find a groomsman in the bathtub.
FACT: I live to tell these stories :)
In other news, the wedding was seriously AMAZING lots of fun and Megan looked BEAUTFIUL! I decided I will be attending the Vancouver reception and am booking a plane ticket tonight.
PS Pictures to follow :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment